One of my breakfast staples as of late, chia pudding. Honestly, it is one of the cheapest, quickest, and most versatile breakfasts out there. During the summer we are all jam-packed with incredibly fun weekends that not only pay a toll on our bodies, but also leave us with minimal time to prep. I’m not saying change your schedule; hell, load on more fun. But, at the same time, don’t let that excuse get in the way of you enjoying a healthy breakfast.
That’s why this chia pudding is the absolute summer savior. It takes all of TWO MINUTES to prep. I shit you not. You can even do it after a night of happy hour cocktails; it is that easy. Plus, once you have this base down, the world is your oyster. Top it with whatever you see fit! I make a huge batch in the beginning of the week and then change up my toppings each morning to keep things interesting. You are now the Vincent Van Gogh of breakfast and this pudding is your canvas. Have at it!
Some of my favorite combos are: blueberry and almond butter, raspberry and shredded coconut, and banana and peanut butter with granola
Ingredients (makes 1 serving):
- Chia seeds (2 tablespoons) – I prefer to use Salba Chia
- Almond milk (1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons) – I prefer to use The New Barn unsweetened original
- Vanilla extract (1 teaspoon)
- Cinnamon (1 teaspoon)
- Nut butter
- Pour all of the ingredients in to a jar
- Stir for ~1 minute
- Allow the jar to sit in the fridge for ~10 minutes
- Stir again and place back in the fridge
- Top with whatever combination you desire!
- Dairy Free
- Gluten Free