By now you all are aware of my obsession with nut butter and how I constantly try to incorporate it into all aspects of my life (if you’re not, take a gander of my feed) but there is one main combo that will always and forever have my heart: peanut butter, chocolate, and banana. I grew up buying those whole frozen chocolate dipped bananas on a stick (scared to imagine what the ingredients were in these) and eating them on a nightly basis. Having a father who is as addicted to peanut butter as I am, we would constantly dip these into the closest open jar of Jiffys (c’mon young Cam). Now as a more well-informed “adult” (ha, that’s funny), while I do not eat these exact products or brands, I still constantly crave this combination. SO, I led my cravings to my health food stocked pantry and took matters into my own hands. The result? Possibly the best thing I’ve ever created: frozen banana filled dark chocolate peanut butter cups. They are insanely delicious and so simple to make.
Ingredients (makes ~6)
- Peanut butter (1 cup) – I prefer Crazy Richards
- Dark chocolate (1 bar) – I prefer Eating Evolved
- Coconut oil (1 tablespoon)
- Banana (1/2)
Special equipment: a silicone ice tray or cupcake molds
- Place the chocolate bar and 1 tablespoon coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl and heat until melted
- Pour a thin layer of the chocolate into the mold and place in the freezer for ~5-10 minutes
- On each one, place a small spoonful of peanut butter on top of the chocolate layer and then push a piece of banana in each
- Place in the freezer for ~5-10 minutes
- Top each with another thin layer of the melted chocolate and place in the freezer until fully frozen
- I prefer to keep in the freezer until I am ready to enjoy to avoid melting!